Monday 23 January 2012

Hanna Muller - Female Face Break Down

I am going to begin by breaking down one of Hanna's facial illustrations to help me to comprehend her method.  The photo below shows a brief break down of one of Hanna's  illustrations using pencil.  I began by adding the centre-lines and the lips proceeded by drawing eyes, eyebrows and nose, before starting the add the shading.
Basic break down stages of the face
I have shown my finished piece below and I included Hanna's original work beneath to compare.  I am pleased with the outcome however I feel that if I used a black graphic pen, I could have developed my illustration a little more.

My own replica of Hanna's work 

Hanna Muller's illustration
Image available at: http://www.tanya-alder.blogspot.com
[Accessed: 23 January 2012]






No comments:

Post a Comment