Monday 23 January 2012

Hanna Muller - Male Face Break Down

I am now going to move on by breaking down a male face from Hanna Muller and the various stages involved in this process have been illustrated below.
First 4 steps involves marking the centre-lines on the face,
then adding the lips before building up the eyes


The next 4 stages involves building up the facial features including
the nose & ear, before adding the glasses and the scarf
Finishing touches such as stubble and hair
and additional shading are added
 After completing a tonal study of this illustration, I decided to try out watercolour paint as I thought this would look a lot more similar to Hanna's original illustration.  My finished piece is shown below and I am extremely pleased with the outcome.
Illustration completed using watercolour paint


I decided to further experiment with this illustration by editing my watercolour image on Photoshop.  I wanted to work on the scarf as I feel that this is the focus of this illustration.  I began by drawing the outline of the scarf before using the watercolour tool on Photopshop to add the colour and create the shading as shown in the screenshot below.  I am pleased with my finished work which is displayed below as I feel that this technique has worked very well as it looks very similar to Hanna's illustration which I have included underneath my own version.
          
              
Screenshot showing how the colour was added
to the scarf using the watercolour tool

My finished illustration completed using watercolour paint and Photoshop
Hanna's own illustration
Image available at: http://www.pourtehsugar.blogspot.com
[Accessed: 23 January 2012]



No comments:

Post a Comment